Thursday, May 17, 2012

South of Thailand.

James and Judy took me to meet the pastor of the church that they are under.  Romyen Church in Thailand.  He is  just a wonderful brother in Jesus.  A warm smile and a huge laugh that is just contagious.  He pastors around twenty churches in the south of Thailand, including home fellowships.  Just a real pleasure to be around.  He had really won me over when I asked him what vision God given him for the churches around there.  He replied he didn't really have a vision, he just really loved the people there.  He went on to explain that not many pastors do not want to work in southern Thailand because of the danger of terrorism.  It is a predominately Muslim area in the deep south.  They have had a lot of terrorism attacks as well.  He had asked me to share about worship with his worship team.  Very humbling since this was the first time I had been even remotely in a place that I could be a danger because of my faith.  I mean what do you say to a body who faces persecution about worship.  I did my best anyway.  The pastor recently led a family of Egyptian Muslims to Christ.  Since then the family had to move to the north of Thailand because they were receiving death threats.  So lets join in prayer for the Southern Romyen Church.  For protection and provision and Christ to be received among the Muslims.  I got to eat and worship and pray with this church just so sweet, so amazingly special.

No comments:

Post a Comment