Sunday, March 11, 2012

The emotions of God

   Till recently I have always viewed God as kinda stoic.  You know, sitting up there in heaven really serious and kind of angry. Thinking about Jesus the other day, the spirit started bringing up scriptures to me about the emotions of Jesus.  Luke 10:21 Jesus rejoices in the Spirit. In the greek the wording suggests shouting and leaping with joy.  In Mathew 14:14 Jesus is moved with compassion. That word is splanchnizomai and basically means emotion from your guts.  To be moved from inside with deep compassion. Splanchnizomai is directly the cause for at least five miracles in Scripture.  From driving out money changers to weeping when Lazarus died Jesus is filled with deep emotion.  When I also think of the Scripture when Jesus says "I only do what I see the Father do."  I am amazed to think of God the Father jumping for joy, moved with compassion, even weeping with us and for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment