Friday, March 2, 2012

Storms in life

In a bible study this week I we studied in Mark chapter 4 the story where the wind and waves obey Jesus.  And a particular part of a verse in it stood out to me. When the disciples were scared and the ship seemed to be going down. They wake up Jesus, who is asleep in the boat, with this comment, "Teacher do you not care we are perishing?" It sounded somewhat familiar.


 I had a particular storm in life and when going through it, well it just didn't seem to me like God really cared.  Just could not see Him past my pain.  Jesus saw me through the storm, got me to the other side. I think that is part of His lesson to me today.  His promise to bring me to completion when I choose to follow him.  Though at the bible study I could imagine him say "How is it you have no faith?"  Wonder if His rebuke was that they didn't think they would get to the other side, or that He didn't care if they perished in the storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment