Friday, June 8, 2012

Jesus would look in their eyes.

I went to Patong the other day.  We go their a few times a week to worship on the street, and pray and walk around.  Patong is the place in phuket that is notorious for prostitution and drugs and parties.  We have been looking around for a place for a church plant and God had directed our way to a street in the red light district.  This street is where all Ladyboys do their business.  It was hard walking down that street. There were bars on both sides of the street.  On one side of the street all the Ladyboy's come out to try to get your attention. In the bars across the street are a bunch of white men looking at the ones they want to rent for the night.  Heavy, the air was thick.  And as the Ladyboys would come out to meet us I was not able to look in their eyes.  Not that I wanted to look down on them.  I just did not want them to think I was there for what they thought I would be.  I did not know how to look them in the eyes.  How?  When all they know is rich white men come and use them for their own gratification. The prostitutes both male and female are trying to do just one thing.  Survive.  Live as well as they can.  I found it hard to look in the bar girls eyes as well.  I pray next time I will be able to look them in the eyes because I know that Jesus would look them in the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment